Flanking Quezon Province are two large bodies of water with the vast Pacific Ocean on the east and Tayabas Bay on its west. Squeezed in between the ocean and sea are marvelous beaches sprawling in the coastal towns of the province, but I didn’t imagine a pristine white beach exist in Pagbilao, Quezon until I’ve been to Puting Buhangin Beach.
A small boat parked in front of the beach
See what I mean by crystal clear?
True to its name, Puting Buhangin literally means “white sand” and this Pagbilao paradise will guarantee its visitors the powdery sands of Boracay but within a few hours drive from Manila. The 30-minute manageable hike rewards the intrepid traveler with a cool bath in crystal clear waters. With Puting Buhangin’s calmly sweeping shores, it offers safety not only for adults but for kids as well.
Resting at the tip of the long stretch of white sand is Kuwebang Lampas, cave which leading to the other side of the beach. Be careful, however, during high tide for water almost fills up the cave so children should be watched. On the other hand, during high tide, the water’s height would be perfect for an adrenalin pumping jump on a probably a 25-30 meter drop.
Passing by varying sizes of rocks to the cave.
Inside Kuwebang Lampas.
Going there is quite difficult but still manageable. From Manila, one will pass by the South Luzon Expressway and take Sto. Tomas Exit and follow the National Road which will pass by the towns of Laguna. Welcoming travelers would be the arch in Tiaong which divides the provinces of Laguna and Quezon. There are diversion roads you can pass by if you want to avoid the traffic in some towns, and cut the travel time to Lucena by approximately 30 minutes. Head South until you pass by the town of Pagbilao and look for Binahaan Elementary School on your right, and a Team Energy Powerplant sign on your left. Turn at the corner which will lead you to the said power plant.
Passing by semi-dirt road.
Upon reaching the gate beside Team Energy Powerplant, a registration fee of P100.00 per car is charged. Local sari sari stores are in the area so might as well do your last minute shopping for provisions. A short drive on rough terrain will lead you to the car park where an overnight parking fee of P200.00 per car is again charged.
A short hike beside the Team Energy Powerplant, walk on a paved cement under the scorching heat, traversing the rocky shoreline, and under the shade of thick trees on a forest will lead you to the refreshing view of Puting Buhangin Beach. A caretaker said that it was a private place so we were again charged with P50.00 per head entrance fee. It was on a holy week when we went there so we were sharing the beach with other tourist and travelers.
The 30-minute hike on rough road…
…beside the Team Energy Power Plant…
Team Energy Power Plant
Beautiful view during the short hike.
…traversing the rocky shoreline…
…and the dense forest.
Now, here are some fast facts that may help you on your trip:
1. First, I want to thank our good Samaritan, Mr. Boy Kuripot who recently ventured to Puting Buhangin, and came back holding valuable information for the sake of everyone, including me. Thank you very much, Sir, and I’d be glad to link your website, or Facebook account in Biyaherong Barat.
2. Charges and possible expenses.
P100.00 – entrance fee for overnight stay.
P250.00 – parking fee
P250.00 – bangka (Boy Kuripot, alin ‘to yung mula parking o beach hopping?)
P350.00 – cottage
3. Tricycle from Binahaan
P250.00 – P300.00 – a reasonable price for a 15 kilometer trip
0912 962 4204 – Tatay Ele’s contact number
4. Boat to Borawan or Dampalitan Island, look for Tatay Presko
4. There are stores and a comfort room in the location. For the cottages reservations look for Gemma, 0947 591 1630
5. If you get lost, ask around.
6. Enjoy and be safe on your trip.
5. More photos on Biyaherong Barat Multiply.
6. If you like this, you might also want to see:
- Quezon Province destinations
- Cagbalete Island, Quezon
- Real, Quezon
- Cagbalete Island, Quezon (East Coast)
- Cheapest Travel Package To Cagbalete Island
- Biyahe Lokal in Cagbalete Island
7. Please LIKE BIYAHERONG BARAT on Facebook.